Our media-saturated world has us juggling new media technologies, taming pop-culture, and tightrope-walking in an attempt to find balance with how we use our time. It’s a media circus, and we’ve got to figure out how to be good ring masters. Why is the power of digital media important to understand and how do we make appropriate media choices?
While digital media may look and feel a lot like the analog media we’re used to–like radio, TV, film, and recorded music–it’s actually a whole new world. The move to digital media is a way bigger paradigm shift than moving from cassette tapes to CDs, because digital media is interactive and interconnected. Let’s begin understanding this world by plugging into some resources.
- “Right Click: Parenting Your Teenager in a Digital World” from Fuller Youth Institute, first chapter. Big questions answered from the experts at Fuller Youth Institute.
- 10 Reasons Why Handheld Devices Should Be banned for Children Under the Age of 12.
- Center for Parent/Youth Understanding www.cpyu.org
- Focus on the Family’s Plugged-In www.pluggedin.com
- Movie Reviewer www.movieguide.org